I am currently on a term break at Western Governor's University. During this time I have no access to the WGU resources but have been working very hard to prepare for the classes that I will complete next semester. Currently, my primary focus is on HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript so that I can knock out a couple of classes and pursue the CIW: Advanced HTML and CSS certification quickly upon my return. I am feeling restless and am very much looking forward to getting back to school. So far, my website is coming along but I have been mostly using the code as documentation of the different syntax. For example, from my HTML code.
<meta charset="UTF-8"/> <!-- this is the character set. it tells browsers what to display -->
<meta name="description" content="Todd Skibbe's Programming Projects"> <!-- this is a web page description -->
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30"> <!-- this tells the website to refresh every 30 seconds - ->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css"/> <!-- the link element is pointing to my css document, in this case main.css -->
<script></script> <!-- this is where I link to JavaScript code -->
<base></base> <!-- the base element points to where all of the external links are held -->
This code is very basic, but it details how I am using my first website build as a study tool. It seems that I will be building this first set of code using every tag and element that I can find and then will choose the elements that I want to incorporate into my featured projects webpage.
No comments:
Post a Comment