Ah yes, I'm on a term break from school! What have I been up to? Learning everything I can about programming and programmer culture. There is so much information out there it is never ending. I find that exciting! I'm a researcher at my core. I love solving problems and using tools. Once I have built a base of understanding, these information streams, like Stack Overflow, will continue to provide me with cutting edge understanding of development tools and techniques.
How am I building my base knowledge? MIT OpenCourseWare videos have been really interesting and with 3,875 videos there is a lot of material to take in. I use Codecademy to learn the basics of programming languages and then switch to videos to expand my knowledge. So far, Quentin Watt Tutorials and Caleb the Video Maker have been mainstays, but I have been using several others regularly as well.
Anyway, back to learning! Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment